- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled time to complete the registration process.
- Please bring your current insurance card and identification.
- A parent or legal guardian should accompany any minor.
- If your insurance company requires a referral to see a specialist, please make sure it has been processed or you will be required to sign a waiver.
- If your insurance company requires a co-payment, be prepared to pay this at this time of the visit. We accept payment by check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. We do not accept cash.
- Please bring a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Stop all antihistamine medications at least 5 days before your visit. If you feel that you cannot stop the medications, please continue them and let us know.
- Antihistamines include Claritin (loratadine), Zyrtec (cetirizine), fexofenadine (Allegra), Xyzal, Clarinex, Benadryl (diphenhydramine), chlorpheniramine, and most over-the-counter cold and allergy medications.
- You do NOT have to stop asthma inhalers, Singulair, decongestants (Sudafed), most nose sprays, and all other medications.
- For more detailed information about medications to avoid, refer to this handout.
- If you are unsure, please call us with any questions.
- Do not apply creams, lotions, or powders to the back or arms on the day of testing.
- If you are to be tested for allergies to a particular food or medication, please let the scheduler know. A nurse may contact you to bring a sample of the medication or food.
- Do not be a no-show! We have allotted a significant amount of time to see you. If you must reschedule or cancel this appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in you becoming personally responsible for a charge of $50.00.
- Please print the New patient medical history form and New patient packet below, complete the forms, and bring it to the appointment.